top of page

The Documents You Need to Sell Your Home

Conveyancing Documents

Selling your property is a significant step, and preparing the appropriate documents is crucial to ensure a smooth and efficient transaction. At Resides Swindon, we understand the complexities involved in the property market, and we're here to guide you through every step of the way. In this informative guide, we will outline the essential documents you need to gather before selling your property in the UK, drawing on a wide variety of information and best practices within the industry.

Title Deeds

The Title Deeds are the most important documents you'll need. They prove your ownership of the property. If you have a mortgage, your lender may hold these documents.

Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

An EPC rates your property's energy efficiency and is legally required when selling. It gives potential buyers insight into the property's energy costs and environmental impact.

For information go to our EPC Survey guide:

Property Information Form (TA6)

This form provides detailed information about the property, including boundaries, disputes, and any alterations made. Completing the TA6 accurately is crucial to avoid any legal issues post-sale.

Fittings and Contents Form (TA10)

The TA10 form outlines what fixtures and fittings will be included in the sale (e.g., carpets, curtains). Clarity on these items can prevent misunderstandings later on.

Planning Permissions and Building Regulation Certificates

If you've made alterations or additions to your property, you'll need to provide proof that these were done in compliance with local planning and building regulations.

Warranty and Guarantees

Any warranties or guarantees for home improvements, such as new windows or a roof, should be handed over to the new owners.

Mortgage Details

If you're selling a property with an outstanding mortgage, you'll need to provide details of your mortgage, including the current balance and account number.

Identification Documents

Proper identification is required for legal reasons, including proof of address and photo ID, to comply with anti-money laundering regulations.

Leasehold and Shared Freehold Documents

If your property is leasehold or part of a shared freehold, you will need to provide specific documents related to the lease agreement, service charges, and management company information.

Preparing these documents before putting your property on the market can significantly speed up the selling process and reduce stress for everyone involved. At Resides Swindon, our expertise and local market knowledge position us as your go-to source for navigating the complexities of the real estate market. Trust us to guide you through every step of your property journey.

By understanding and organizing these essential documents early on, you'll be well on your way to a successful and streamlined property sale. If you're considering a move or need further advice, don't hesitate to contact us at Resides Swindon. We're here to make your property journey as smooth and efficient as possible.


bottom of page